Saturday, September 28, 2013

Did I ever mention that my husband love carrot cake? Hmm.. I think I did. That's why I make carrot cake pretty often for him. It is easy to make and delicious. But the problem is, I can make more than 48 mini carrot cup cake from half recipe only. It is too much for me. There are only 5 people who are staying in my house and 48 cup cake are definitely too much. Well... my daughter and my husband like that cake. But they won't eat more than 10- 15 cup cakes. That's mean I have to store it on my refrigerator. Sometimes I even have to keep it for days because they get bored of it easily. We like cake, but we are not cake eaters. So, I was thinking maybe I can make microwave version of it. I think it will be great, isn't it? Easy to make, fast, and small portion only. So I don't need to keep it in the refrigerator for days. The texture might be different with baked carrot cake. But the taste is not bad. I add some raisins and chopped walnuts as well which make the cake even better.


Some butter cream cheese frosting could be a great companion for it. But powdered sugar or maple syrup will work as well. It is perfect for afternoon snack or morning breakfast.

Ingredients :

  • 5 tbs + 1/2 tsp all purpose flour
  • 2 tbs brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 small egg
  • 2 tbs oil
  • 2 tbs buttermilk
  • 2 tbs grated carrot
  • 1 tsp raisins (optional)
  • 1 tsp chopped walnuts (optional)
Tip : You can substitute half of the flour with whole wheat flour. Mix 3 tbs AP flour with 2 tbs + 1/2 tsp whole wheat flour will work just fine. 

Tip :  You can substitute buttermilk by mixing 1 cup (240 ml) milk with 1 tbs lemon juice or lime juice. Stir it lightly and let sit in a room temperature for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, you can see that the milk is become thickened and a bit curdled.


Preparation :

  1. In a bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon powder, and salt.
  2. Add oil, egg, and buttermilk into the mixed dry ingredients. Mix them well.
  3. Add grated carrot, raisins, and chopped walnuts and mix again until all the carrots, raisins, and walnuts are well incorporated. 
  4. Transfer the batter into a microwave proof mug.
  5. Set the microwave on high and microwave it for 2 minutes.
  6. Take it out from microwave and let it cool for a bit. Serve it with cream cheese frosting or powdered sugar or maple syrup if you want. 
Tip : This cake batter is only enough for 1 mug. But it is possible to divide the batter into 2 small ramekins for 2 small portion. But microwave it for 90 seconds instead of 2 minutes. 


Tagged: ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment