Saturday, August 3, 2013

My daughter has summer vacation this month. It's time to make some summer vacation project. We decided that our 1st project is sugar cookies. We will use my cute cookie cutter that I bought last month. (I really want to buy another ones. They are so cute!!).

I found this recipe from  Joy of Baking. So far, this is the best sugar cookies recipe that I've ever made. It's easy to make, not too sweet, soft but crunchy.

Ingredients :
  • 195 grams (1.5 cups) All Purpose Flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 114 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, soft and room temperature
  • 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated white sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preparation :
  1. In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt together
  2. In a seprate large bowl, whisk butter and sugar until creamy, nice and smooth
  3. Add egg and vanilla extract
  4. Beat again
  5. Add mixed flour into mixed butter
  6. Mix them well until smooth dough is formed
  7. Divide dough into half, wrap each dough with plastic wrap
  8. Put it in the fridge for about 1 hour (or overnight)
  9. After the dough is firm enough, take it out from the fridge, let it sit in room temperature for about 10 minutes.
  10. Meanwhile, preheat the oven 180 C (350 F) and line the baking sheet with baking paper
  11. Lightly flour the counter and the dough and roll out the dough until about 1/5 cm thick 
  12. Cut it using cookie cutter and transfer it into baking sheet. 
  13. Put all cookies in the baking sheet into preheated oven and bake them for about 10 min or until the edges of cookies are starting to brown
  14. Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool.
Tip :  If the unbaked cookies are too soft, put them in the refrigerator for about 10-15 min before starting the baking process. This will prevent the cookies spread out and losing their shape while baking.

My cookies are ready to bake. They are so cute, aren't they? ^^

My cookies are fresh from the oven. Just 10 minutes after baking my daughter and my son already "stole" some cookies from the sheet. I couldn't blame them. They smell so good. Who could resist? Neither could I. 


After making few batch, my daughter wanted to make another shape of cookies. So we made this heart shape cookies, and she sprinkled some colored crystal sugar on the top of them. She made four cookies and she said one for mama, one for papa, one for her little brother,and one for herself. Aaawww.. how adorable she is. :-)




Tagged: , ,

2 comments :