Monday, August 26, 2013

Today, I want to make something sweet using strawberry. 2 weeks ago, I bought one box of frozen strawberry with no reason and keep it on my fridge. I wanted to make strawberry smoothie but i never had a chance to do it. This frozen strawberry has been sitting on the bottom of my fridge under another frozen things. Poor them...

Until few days ago. I got an invitation for my friend baby shower. She's going to have a baby girl soon. I decided that I'm going to make her a pink cup cake (too bad at the end I could't come because of an unexpected thing. I already finished the cake though). Strawberry cup cake with strawberry butter cream frosting. I will use my frozen strawberry (Finally i can make it useful) not some artificial strawberry flavor with pink coloring agent.

Well.. I'm going to make mini cup cake actually. Not normal size cupcake. I love this one bite cup cake. One or two bites, and done. Perfect for portion control and good for people who don't really like sweet thing. I'm sure one normal cup cake is too big for them. That's why I would like to say this is a fun size.


Ingredients (for about 45-48 mini cupcakes):
  • 150 grams (3/4 cup) white granulated sugar
  • 1/2 pack (45 grams) instant strawberry gelatin powder
  • 115 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 eggs
  • 180 grams (1 1/2 cups) All purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 120 ml (1/2 cup) milk, room temperature
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 75 grams (about 1/4 cup) frozen strawberry, defrosted and pureed 
Tip : You can adjust the amount of sugar by yourself depend on the sweetness of your strawberry. 

Tip : You can use normal gelatin powder with the same amount or even skip this ingredient. It is optional. But if you do this, you need to increase the amount of strawberry puree by 5-10 grams. 

Preparation :
  1. Prepare and layer muffin tin using muffin paper. Set aside
  2. Preheat the oven to 170 C (about 350 F).
  3. In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder together. Sift and set it aside. 
  4. Separate egg white and egg yolk into different bowl.
  5. Whip the egg white until soft peak formed, set it aside.
  6. Using a hand mixer, beat together : butter, sugar, and gelatin powder
  7. Add egg yolk one by one and beat them again.
  8. Add flour and baking soda into the batter gradually
  9. Add milk and mix them well
  10. Add strawberry puree into the batter and fold it 
  11. Add 1/3 part of egg white foam into the batter. Fold it carefully (do not stir or mix it too hard). Scrap the bottom of the bowl and fold it over the top. Do it until the egg white is mixed well and the batter is a little bit lightened.
  12. Add another 1/3 part of egg white foam and fold it again
  13. Add the rest of the foam and fold it again until all the foam is incorporated and the batter is lightened.
  14. Pour the batter into muffin tin (about 1 1/2 tsp for each cup or about 3/4 full)
  15. Put it into preheated oven and bake the cake for about 25 minutes (Until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean). For mini muffins : bake for about 20 minutes.
  16. Let the cakes cool completely and decorate them with cream frosting or any kind of your favorite cup cake decoration.

Tip : This strawberry cup cake goes well with vanilla, cream cheese, or strawberry topping. I was using strawberry cream frosting for this cup cake. This is the link for my strawberry frosting recipe : http://sellyscorner.blogspot.nl/2013/08/strawberry-cream-frosting.html



Tagged: , ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment