Monday, August 26, 2013

For my strawberry cup cake, i think strawberry frosting is a perfect "partner". I tried to find the recipes on the internet and I found one at Allrecipes. I will make strawberry frosting based on that reference with my own modification. I will use my frozen strawberry instead of fresh strawberry. I will defrost it, make a strawberry puree out if it, and use this for my frosting. The cream will have slightly strawberry flavor. No need artificial strawberry flavor, no need coloring agent. This cream is not only good at taste but at texture as well. The cream frosting is still firm and not getting wet on room temperature. I definitely going to make this frosting again next time.


Ingredients (for decorating 40-48 mini cupcake):

  • 85 grams (about 1/2 cup) frozen strawberry, defrosted and pureed.
  • 115 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
  • 190 grams (1 1/2 cups) powdered sugar, sifted
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
Preparation : 
  1. In a sauce pan, boil and stir strawberry puree until the volume is reduced at least by 1/2. Leave it to cool completely.
  2. In a big bowl, beat the butter until soft and creamy.
  3. Add about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar or about 1/3 part of the sugar. Beat them well.
  4. Add about 2 tbs strawberry puree into the cream. Beat it again.
  5. Add another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, beat the cream, and add another 2 tbs strawberry puree. Beat it well again. 
  6. Repeat step 5 one more time.
  7. Add vanilla extract and beat the cream again. 
Tip : You can always adjust the sweetness by increasing or reducing the amount of powdered sugar. But do not forget to adjust the amount of strawberry puree as well. If the cream is too runny, add more powdered sugar (about 1/2 cup at the time). If the cream is too thick, add more strawberry puree (about 1-2 tbs at the time).  

This is link for my strawberry cup cake recipe : http://sellyscorner.blogspot.nl/2013/08/strawberry-cupcake.html. Enjoy! 

Tagged: ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment