Saturday, August 31, 2013

I suddenly want to spoil my daughter and my husband with chocolate cake. But I'm pretty busy today and not in a mood to bake something big. So, I decide to make them another cake in mug. I made blueberry muffin using microwave and they love it. Why not try to make a cake using the same method? Besides, I have to admit that I'm falling in love in making cake or muffin using microwave. Fast, simple, and i can make it in small amount and portion. The most important thing is the taste is good.


So today, I'm going to make Chocolate Coffee Honey Cake using a microwave. It is simple, easy, and taste good. Just mix all the ingredients, pour it into the microwave save mug/ramekin, and put it into the microwave. Set the microwave on high and microwave it for 90 seconds. It taste great. Bitter sweet choco cake with a little bit coffee and honey taste. I love it. My husband and daughter like it too. Even my little baby like it. He ate 1/3 portion of the cake by himself.


Ingredients (Serving for 2 portion) :

  • 3 tbs All purpose flour
  • 3 tbs white granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp instant granulated coffee/ instant coffee powder
  • 2 tbs cacao powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp cinamon powder
  • 2 tbs milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 - 1 1/2 tbs honey
  • 2 tbs oil
  • Butter for greasing the mug/ramekins
Preparation :
  1. Grease 2 mugs or ramekins with butter, set aside
  2. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients

  3. Add all the wet ingredients to the mixed dry ingredients.
  4. With a fork or small whisk, mix well all the ingredients until a chocolate batter formed. 
  5. Divide the batter into 2 greased mugs/ramekins
  6. Set the microwave on high, and microwave the batter for 90 sec. Microwave 1 mug/ramekin at the the time.
  7. Take it out from microwave, and let it cool for a while.
  8. Dust the top with powdered sugar if you like.
I'm using ramekin (with 8.5 cm diameter) instead of mug. And the result is the cake rise up like a soufle. I like it. It looks pretty for me. :-)

Tagged: ,

0 comments :

Post a Comment